Sunday, March 20, 2011

Usual Sunday Foodie

For the usual Sunday blog I am going to talk about some of the restaurants I have been to this week in Washington DC and what I thought about them. I am going to start off with Potbelly’s. Potbelly’s is a chain sandwich place so they are all across the city of DC, Including right by my internship. I have been to Potbelly’s a few times due to its convenient location and have enjoyed what I ordered every time. The first time I ordered one of their salads, which are quite sizable at a reasonable price. The salad I ordered was wonderful mixture of fresh greens, dried cranberries, coated walnuts, gorgonzola cheese, grilled chicken and nicely coated in their signature potbelly’s vinaigrette. The second time I ended up trying a sandwich. I ordered a chicken salad sandwich which comes with provolone cheese. Potbelly’s makes their sandwich on half sub roles, which are a personal favorite of mine and then send them through a toaster to create perfectly crispy bread and melt the cheese for the sandwich. Potbelly’s also may have stolen my heart with their selling of Orangina and old school IBC root bear, one of my favorites. I would highly recommend Potbelly’s for a reasonably priced, good quality, quick lunch place.

Next up: Ben’s Chilly Bowl. A famous DC chilly place where only the Obama family and Bill Cosby are allowed to eat for free at. Ben’s is pretty good and was very busy when I went around dinner time. There is very limited seating so ordering to go may be best. One thing to know in advance Ben’s Chilly Bowl only accepts CASH not checks, debit or credit cards. I ordered the chilly cheese burger and my friend and I split chilly cheese fries. If you have not caught on everything is served with their famous chilly:) Which I must say is quite good! It is a pretty simple menu of fries, burgers, dogs, sausages, and chilly. Eat Ben’s chilly cheese burger and chilly cheese fries I must say is a messy affair but a delicious one! I would recommend it but it is not something I could eat every night.

Finally: Guapos, nearest one is located just up the street from Tenely Campus past the Tenelytown metro stop. Guapos is a chain Mexican food restaurant in the DC area (MD & VA). I went with a large group of people which meant no spitting the bill which is quite frustrating which it comes time to pay and calculate who ordered what. I do not really understand why restaurants will not slip bills in large groups because you could still require the 18% gratuity since it is originally from a 6 plus party, if they would allow this it would be much easier for the customer. But back to food, they have wonderful chips and salsa as well as guacamole! I ordered the chicken quesadillas, they were extremely filling and I actually was unable to finish them! I would say that it is a fun place but I think for Mexican food I preferred cactus cantinas more but Guapos is always busy and I did only have one dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment