Sunday, March 13, 2011

Food Critic for the Week

So, I have a few more restaurants to talk about in Washington D.C. First would be the Banana Café near the Eastern Market metro stop. I would not really recommend this place. The food I felt was a bit overpriced for the quality which it was. I went with three of my friends for brunch. I ordered the waffles with strawberries, whipped cream and banana syrup. The waffle was rubbery. My waffle only came with one strawberry, and the syrup was already pored all over my waffle. Maybe that last one is just a personal thing but I do not like being served waffles, pancakes or French toast with syrup already on thing, it makes them soggy. My waffle was around $12 (and it was one of the cheaper things on the menu) which I felt was overpriced for the quantity as well as the quality. Again I would not recommend this restaurant.

If you are looking for some really good all American burgers I would suggest Z-burger. This is right across the street from the Tenley Campus and they accept eagle bucks which is nice if you are looking for something other to eat then the Tenely Café. I really like their bacon cheese burgers they are delicious and I am sure not good for you but I do not care since I am not eating them every day:) They also have really good milkshakes in tons of different favors! Their onion rings are a little too doughy but their French fries with the spices on them are really good. It could be seen as the East Coast version of the West Coast In n’ Out.

The last place I am going to talk about is The Diner. The Diner is in Adams Morgan and open really late (possibly 24 hours, but do not take my word on that). They are set up like an old school diner and have pretty good egg sausage sandwiches. Not as good as Steak & Eggs or the commons back at my home school but still quite good. But, of course with the egg sandwich comes home fries which are delicious at this place! They were cooked perfectly and had just a hint of spices to give them a little more flavor. The Diner also has really good milk shakes, I ordered the chocolate one (they only come in the three flavors of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry). It was really good!

Well that is all for the restaurants around D.C. but do not worry I will be back next week with new critics of places around D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment