Saturday, March 12, 2011

A little fun in a different city

So, with the good weather here in NYC I decided to explore central park a bit. A pleasant surprise for me was discovering the Alice & Wonderland statue there that I did not know existed in Central Park:) The reason why I find this so funny because when I was in London, while exploring Hyde Park I found the Peter Pan statue, in Boston I found the bronze make way for ducklings’ statue, in Copenhagen I went to see the Little Mermaid statue but it had been moved to go on tour in China. So, finding another child story character in a big city park was a lovely surprise.

This past week I have been doing some of the normal site seeing of NYC. I went to Time Square and went to the M&M store, the Hershey store, Toys R’ Us store (which has a fairest wheel inside it!), as well as seeing all the Broadway theaters. I went to the statue of liberty and my friend and I wore the silly tourist crowns the whole trip to the island! It is something so ridiculous and funny, you should always remember to have fun and be able to laugh at yourself.

One night my friend and I ended up doing lottery for a Broadway show and ended up getting tickets. The tickets were for the front row and the play was fantastic! After we ended up rushing the back door and getting all the actors to sign our play bills and get photos with all of them!

This trip to NYC was so much fun! I had a great time visiting my friend and seeing all the NYC sites. NYC is great city with so many different individual styles walking down the street. It was great to have a change of scenery for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment