Friday, March 11, 2011

The Big Apple

A great thing about being in Washington D.C. is having the ability to travel to cities that are nearby for really affordable prices. MegaBus is a wonderful invention. Since we are on spring break I decided to go visit a friend who is studying in New York City! I stayed with my friend in Brooklyn.

Here are some places you should definitely go if you are in NYC. In Brooklyn there is a great thrift shop called Beacons Closet. You can find some really great stuff for a reasonable price. For instance I bought a great string of pearls for 5 bucks! I also bought a white Banana Republic short jacket for $15. It is a perfect jacket for the spring weather that has started showing up in D.C. Another place to go for good shopping is Buffalo Exchange (which are across the U.S. but there are not anywhere I am from in Vermont). Buffalo has a mixture of graphic tees and more professional clothing which is great since that is what my wardrobe is consisting of as this moment. They also have a great selection of dresses!

If you are going to Brooklyn a place you must go is the Chocolate Room, it is wonderful! Everything is chocolate! You start out getting a bit size sample of whatever their special is that day. When looking at the menu it is always hard to choose what you want. I ended up getting the Brownie Sunday which I highly recommend! It was the best Brownie Sunday I have ever had and worth every penny I paid for it. Another place I liked in Brooklyn is Fish & Sips it’s a little restaurant but has great food. I got a white fish with this spicy rub on it over rice as well as the lemonade. Now if you go here get the lemonade because it is not just lemonade it is the slushy lemonade/lime thing, I do not know how they make it but it is delicious.

That is all from the big apple for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment