Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Coming to an End

The other day was the last day of my internship. Something I was not even expecting was the cake and goodbye party we received. One of my supervisors came in half way through the day and wanted to make sure we were available for a meeting at the end of the day. We all said yes, that we were free. Upon entering the board room our supervisors were all on one side of the table after taking our seats on the other side of the table one of the supervisors brought around a carrot cake and cards for all of us. The carrot cake was quite good and the cards were very sweet and had a pre-paid gift card inside of them! Which I thought was so thoughtful and something which they really did not have to do.

Looking back on my internship experience I would say it was a very good one. I really enjoyed the experience I had at TransAfrica Forum. I really learned a lot from my internship especially in regards to Haiti. When I first started I knew nothing about Latin America or Haiti but after this internship I had a wealth of knowledge. That is something great about taking an internship you get to learn so many new things but you get to learn even more when you take an internship on something you have no experience with you get to learn even more. That is something so wonderful about this semester how much I learned. It was great to have a good response from my internship since they said how happy they would to have me come back and intern with them again. It was also great to feel appreciated at my internship unlike the stereotypical ideal of being an intern.

It was also great to get to know the inner workings of a non-government organization. With how much everyone has to do, as well as how many different roles one has to play in a NGO. It really has been a great semester where I was able to learn so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment