Sunday, February 20, 2011

Food Critic (but not really) :)

Now I would like to say I am a foodie. I am someone who loves food and especially good food! Something that is wonderful about being in Washington D.C. is there are tons of different places to go out and eat at. So, I have decided to dedicate this blog to some of my top picks. Mind you these are in no specific order.

The first restaurant that comes to mind is Zorba’s CafĂ© located in Dupont Circle right by the Dupont Circle Metro Station. This place has wonderful Greek food at a reasonable price. My choice from the menu was the famous Greek gyros and french fries, and I have had the real ones in Greece so I can compare, and this one was comparable! I also suggest that you grab some baklava for a wonderfully sweet dessert to finish your meal.

Now if you have more of a sweet tooth then I suggest Tryst in Adams Morgan. Its coffee shop/bar setting is very interesting and they have some fabulous baked goods. My choice have consisted of the fruit danish and the chocolate croissant. Now the wonderful flakiness of the chocolate croissant combined with the perfect amount of chocolate with every bit was to die for! The fruit danish had a perfect mixture of cream center, surrounded by flaky pastry, and topped with a mixture of delectable fruit. Other than some sweet treats which Tryst offers, is breakfast served all day. Now one of my favorite breakfast meals is waffles served with strawberries and whipped cream. Now one criticism I have towards Tryst is they do not have good maple syrup, now many may not agree with me on this statement but I am from Vermont, we even make our own maple syrup at my house so I come in with pretty high standards for maple syrup.

Now breakfast is one of my favorite meals. As my mother always says “breakfast is the best meal served because you never have to clean up, because who wants to start their day that way?” A great breakfast place which is open 24/7 :) is Steak and Eggs located in Tenleytown not to far of a walk from Tenley campus. One of my other favorite breakfast foods is egg sandwiches; egg sandwiches are something I ordered every morning back at my home school, so am consistently on a search to match those made by the amazing Laure. Well the results are in and I have found a place that comes quite close!

Stay tuned for more on eating in Washington D.C. next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment